Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The last "5lbs"

In my first blog post I mentioned that I am current 10 pounds away from my goal weight of losing 100lbs.  So why not call my blogLeanas Last 10lbs?  Well, its because of this, I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT!.  I would like to sit here and type otherwise, but the truth is even when I hit my goal weight I’m sure I will think, I wonder what I will look like 5lbs thinner?  Im not worried about this becoming a problem and me getting too thin, because who am I kidding, I like to eat! And I know the rest of my life I will lose and gain 5lbs over and over again.  This is not something I’m sad or upset about, it’s just a fact of life.  That’s why it’simportant to me to always mix up my eating habits.  Being stuck in the same routine can be BORING!  When people ask me how I lost so much weight I find myself confused on how to answer.  Weight Watchers? Yes.  Lowcarb diet? Yes. Counting calories? Yes.  A juice cleanse? Yep did that too! I have tried it all, and in a way they all worked for me, Iwent for one to the next losing a bit on eachdiet and eventually they all added up to a lot because I was constantly working towards losing weight.  But what really has to matter is what works best for you.

For me I found I am the most comfortable with counting calories. No foods are off limits by doing this, which makes it easy to mixthings up.  It’s a very simple theory, if you consume less calories than your body is use to then you will lose weight.  Obviously this is something that is easier said, then done.   I started counting calories before I had a smart phone. Now that was a pain in the ass!  But with a smart phone and all the apps they have now it makes things soooo much easier.  My app of choice is the “Lose it! app and the best part about it, its free! Lose it does all the work for you, all you do is enter your information, weight, sex, age, how much you want to lose (max 2lbs per week) and Lose it will calculate how many calories you can have per day.  Once your all set, you enter in all the foods you eat. The app includes a list of restaurants, brand name food, and allows you to search different generic foods.  My favorite part is the bar code scanner, anything with a bar code, you can scan and all the information goes right into you phone! God I love technology. 

I still find myself looking up foods on websites of restaurants that I cant find listed on the app. When that’s the case, I choose “Create food on the app and enter in the informationI found on the website.  I find myself doing this often for Saladworks, every time I go Iget a different create your own salad.  Lucky for me the website has a nutrition page that always you to create your own and it will calculate the calories for you. Best. Thing. 

The app... I will explain the coolness of The UP app in my next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment